Skip to main content

Random Thoughts

I have a lot of very random thoughts.  So here goes:

1. I will donate all of the money I don't have if Donald Trump runs for President of this country.  I follow him on Twitter and he is the most self absorbed human being out there.  Hey, it works for him.  But to hear him call every opponent a "loser" over and over again would be great.  The comedy in his running (and I'm not saying he doesn't have a shot.  He could do well) would be priceless.  I could see him running on the idea of offending every other country and outlawing Rosie O'Donnell.  I believe he called her a "pig".  He also referred to Mitt Romney (the guy who hasn't filed for bankruptcy on four occasions) a "small business owner".  This guy is an American treasure and I can't think of a better way for us to regain the respect of the rest of the world than by insulting their intelligence and trying to screw them over.

TRUMP 2016!!!!!!

2. I bought a ticket to see the Gaslight Anthem in Lancaster, PA.  That's dedication.

3. Ten years ago I had my first day of work in a "real job". Wow.

4. This whole being unemployed thing is the pits.  Part of me wants to get a part-time job just for the hell of it. I hear fast food workers might be getting $15/hr soon.

5. I have been trying to think when I have been happiest in my adult life.  It is an interesting question and the answer seems to be when I had the most to do, be it professionally or personally.

6. I do a lot of my writing/job hunting/coffee consumption at this bakery that cooks meat for a BBQ place.  I leave smelling like brisket.  It is odd.  The smell of coffee is competing with BBQ.  Alone they are wonderful scents.  ALONE.

7. Boy do I want to go golfing.

8. It snowed for about 30 seconds yesterday.....not that it's late April or anything.

9. I couldn't imagine growing up today.  EVERYTHING YOU DO IS RECORDED.  Jeez, how many stupid things did any of us do when we were young that we are, let's just say grateful, that 19 people around us did have a camera phone.  Or for that matter I am glad there wasn't a twitter or Facebook where I could post dumb adolescent things was I was 15 and my hormones were all over the place.  I truly feel bad for kids growing up today.

10. I heard somebody say that we don't get our brains delivered to us until we are 35.  I thought that was an interesting take on how much we learn through life and how much of it is experience.

11. For some reason I'm just not as excited about baseball as I used to be.  Maybe once it gets warm.

12. Somedays I want a Golden Retriever puppy.  Those are days that end in "y".

13. Mad Men has been disappointing.  I get it. Don is sad and alone.  That point has been drilled home. Let's keep this story moving.

14. Same for Game of Thrones.  Less Dragon Lady.  Her story arc has been the achilles of the show.  We get it.  She can't rule. Let's kill her off and move on.

15. Writing for TV is tough.  Very, very tough.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Dry January Sucks -

Each year for the last ten or so I attempt to do some form of holiday excess cleanse.  This isn't unique.  I have read a lot about different experiences people have had with not drinking for 31 days to start the year and they are all the same and very different than mine.  So here goes - This is my experience with not drinking for the month of January.  Ok, so maybe not the entire month... 1.  I woke up the morning of January 1st 2021 and....made myself a mimosa.  So right off the bat, dry January fail.  Whatever, we had leftover champagne and not so fresh OJ in the fridge.  This was me dedicating myself to being less wasteful in the new year.   2. As soon as I had that first drink, what the hell, football was on, may as well head to the corner store for a six pack and a pack of smokes and really get after it.  Please note, I do not smoke, it is just an expression.  3. I head to the corner store to buy some Powerball tickets and another six pack.  I walk back in 20 minutes later wi

Oprah, Arby's, Do Not Disturb

Life has been relatively amazing the last few months.  I decided to take some time off to travel, visit with friends & family, and to write/work on some creative projects/focus on the next career move.  A few thoughts: 1. When I am driving down the highway and I haven't seen an Arby's for a hundred miles.  I will say to myself, "Where the fuck is the Arby's?"  That said, I visited an Arby's that was OUT OF ROAST BEEF.  It was the low point of the last 4 months.  2. The movie "The Big Short" is listed under the "Comedy" section on Netflix.   Can we all agree that is a sick joke of some sort?  Yes, the movie has a few zingers in it, but a movie about millions of people going broke and losing their homes is not what I would consider "funny".   3. I'm not saying I want Oprah to run for president, but I certainly wouldn't bet against her.  Her ability to connect is what Hillary lacked.   Oprah is great an

We Have All Lost Our Minds

I was having a conversation last night where the words, "Each day is worse than the last" were spoken.  I'm not sure that I'm there quite yet, but whoa.... we are at an 11 and need to get down to maybe a 4.  I am friends with people from a whole lot of walks of life.  Some incredibly liberal and others incredibly conservative.  There is one underlying theme that I can see in both sides.  They absolutely, 100%, without question, think the other side is wrong and they are right.  It is tough to watch what is happening to this country.  Nevermind the fact that we are living in this turmoil daily. I would ask my conservative friends - was life so bad under Obama?  Do you genuinely feel that he was trying to hurt you and your family?  I really don't.  You may disagree with his policies, but the entire idea of wanting to end two wars, keeping the economy upright, not wanting our planet to melt, and getting people healthcare isn't exactly a reason to hate the guy.