Skip to main content

Funeral Strippers - I don't get it

I try to keep up on different current events as best I can.  And....well.....there is a trend that I'm seeing over in China that is interesting.

Funeral strippers.

What better way to memorialize a man's memory?  Have a couple of half naked women dancing on his casket.  While you are at it, why not put out a nice buffet spread.  Perhaps a Tuesday night lobster and steak special.  Make sure there are a overpriced, watered down drinks being served.  Have an overgrown monster with a slicked back ponytail working the door.  Have a VIP mourning room with champagne bottles popping.  Cover the mourners in glitter.  Make everyone leaving the place feel dirty and covered with a film of shame.  I suppose that is one way to assuage the grief.  Make people feel bad about themselves for watching some girl dance who got a couple too few hugs from dad.

I'm having a tough time imagining why the widow of some guy having a mindset of "He really was sort of a creep.  Let's send him out the way he would have wanted to go."  Perhaps a bunch of fraternity brothers would do this, but I'm not connecting the dots.  What sort of life must a guy have led for those he loves to provide strippers for him even in death?  "Probably isn't going to get laid wherever he ends up next, so this will be the next best thing."


The world is a strange place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Dry January Sucks -

Each year for the last ten or so I attempt to do some form of holiday excess cleanse.  This isn't unique.  I have read a lot about different experiences people have had with not drinking for 31 days to start the year and they are all the same and very different than mine.  So here goes - This is my experience with not drinking for the month of January.  Ok, so maybe not the entire month... 1.  I woke up the morning of January 1st 2021 and....made myself a mimosa.  So right off the bat, dry January fail.  Whatever, we had leftover champagne and not so fresh OJ in the fridge.  This was me dedicating myself to being less wasteful in the new year.   2. As soon as I had that first drink, what the hell, football was on, may as well head to the corner store for a six pack and a pack of smokes and really get after it.  Please note, I do not smoke, it is just an expression.  3. I head to the corner store to buy some Powerball tickets and another six pack.  I walk back in 20 minutes later wi

Oprah, Arby's, Do Not Disturb

Life has been relatively amazing the last few months.  I decided to take some time off to travel, visit with friends & family, and to write/work on some creative projects/focus on the next career move.  A few thoughts: 1. When I am driving down the highway and I haven't seen an Arby's for a hundred miles.  I will say to myself, "Where the fuck is the Arby's?"  That said, I visited an Arby's that was OUT OF ROAST BEEF.  It was the low point of the last 4 months.  2. The movie "The Big Short" is listed under the "Comedy" section on Netflix.   Can we all agree that is a sick joke of some sort?  Yes, the movie has a few zingers in it, but a movie about millions of people going broke and losing their homes is not what I would consider "funny".   3. I'm not saying I want Oprah to run for president, but I certainly wouldn't bet against her.  Her ability to connect is what Hillary lacked.   Oprah is great an

We Have All Lost Our Minds

I was having a conversation last night where the words, "Each day is worse than the last" were spoken.  I'm not sure that I'm there quite yet, but whoa.... we are at an 11 and need to get down to maybe a 4.  I am friends with people from a whole lot of walks of life.  Some incredibly liberal and others incredibly conservative.  There is one underlying theme that I can see in both sides.  They absolutely, 100%, without question, think the other side is wrong and they are right.  It is tough to watch what is happening to this country.  Nevermind the fact that we are living in this turmoil daily. I would ask my conservative friends - was life so bad under Obama?  Do you genuinely feel that he was trying to hurt you and your family?  I really don't.  You may disagree with his policies, but the entire idea of wanting to end two wars, keeping the economy upright, not wanting our planet to melt, and getting people healthcare isn't exactly a reason to hate the guy.